WOTS information sheet for foreign prisoners in the Netherlands

If you are imprisoned in a foreign country, a proper return to society will be more difficult. That is why it is possible to serve your sentence in your own country. This is called a transfer of sentences. The international transfer of sentences is governed by two acts: WETS (for countries in the European Union) and WOTS (for other countries). This information sheet is about the WOTS.