WETS Fact sheet for foreign prisoners in the Netherlands (from an EU country)

If you are detained abroad, a good return to society is more difficult. For that reason you can serve your sentence in your own country. It is called  sentence transfer. There are two acts for international sentence transfer: WETS (for countries in the European Union) and WOTS (for other countries).