This is the Custodial Institutions Agency (DJI) 2022
DJI has various different types of institutions for different categories of detainees and patients
- Remand centre for adults held in pre-trialdetention or serving short-term sentences;
- Prison for adults convicted of an offence;
- Correctional institution for juvenile offenders for young people convicted of an offence, between 12 and 18 years of age, up to a maximum of 23;
- Forensic psychiatric centre for adults who havebeen convicted who require psychiatric care (patients);
- Centre for transcultural psychiatry for patients with complex psychiatric disorders;
- Detention centre for foreign nationals living illegally in the Netherlands or refused access at the border and for drugs couriers.