The Custodial Institutions Agency (DJI) is the detention specialist in the Netherlands. DJI would like to show how they incarcerate their inmates and how they are treated. Therefore, DJI regularly co-operates with different media outlets.
Co-operation with the media
Do you work for the media and would you like to co-operate with DJI on a media production? Then please answer the five questions below:
- Which media do you work for?
- What kind of production would you like to make?
- When would you like to make the production and in what form would you like to co-operate?
- Which location do you want to visit and why?
- What is your proposed itinerary?
Please send your application citing 'Media request' by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other questions and requests should be sent to www.rijksoverheid.nl/contact/contactformulier
Only complete media requests will be considered. We aim to respond within five working days.
Our institutions does not serve as a film set. Any request will be rejected, even if the location is empty.
- Interviews with inmates related to the offense or the trial are not permitted.
- In order to respect the the privacy of inmates and to protect victims it is not allowed to discuss the offence or mention specific details regarding criminal offences.
- It is not allowed to take photos or make films in which the inmates could be recognised.
- An overnight stay in an institution is not allowed.
- The DJI requests that the production is benificial to our organization’s goals.
If you would like to get in touch with the press office of the Ministry of Justice and Security, please contact one of the press officers:
Prison administration and DV&O
Tel: 06 29 24 78 46
Forensic care, Correctional institutions for juvenile offenders, NIFP
Tel: 06 46 15 22 68
Tel: 06 53 17 05 58